Eligibility Criteria for Membership
All physicians, sports scientists, physiotherapists, biomechanical engineers, or medical researchers will be welcomed.
Terms of Admission
You will need to submit a CV, a list of all your publications, and a list of previous activities in the field of sports medicine.
- One-off admission fee: 100 Euros.
- The annual membership fee for all members shall be 150 Euros.
- There are concessionary rates for physiotherapists and physical education teachers, who shall pay an annual fee of 50 Euros. Student members will be charged 25 Euros.
- There is no admission fee for new members who have not yet completed their professional training (e.g., students, resident physicians) and can provide supporting documentation.
GOTS members enjoy the following benefits …
- You will be a member of the world’s second largest Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine.
- It can help you get into touch with other professionals in the field of sports medicine on a national and international level.
- You will have easy access to both practice-oriented information and continuing medical education courses.
- You may share your perspectives with colleagues, renowned sports physicians and sports federation physicians.
- Applications from GOTS members to attend observation / shadowing programmes at renowned sports medicine centres will be given preferential treatment.
- You will receive a free copy of the journal Sportorthopädie – Sporttraumatologie (the cost being included in the annual membership fee).
- You will receive a free copy of the Society’s Newsletter for members and media.
- You are entitled to discounts on registration fees for GOTS sponsored symposia as well as interdisciplinary CME courses.
- You will be eligible to apply for research grants and the Michael Jaeger Award.
- You are entitled to apply for the “GOTS Patronage for Conferences and Events."
- You are entitled to apply for the GOTS Europe Fellowship.
- You are entitled to apply for the GOTS Asia Fellowship.
- You are entitled to apply for the "Sports Physicians’ Activities in Training and Competition" fellowship.
- You may enjoy a variety of complimentary GOTS branded products, such as polo shirts, neckties, neck scarves, badges, etc.
- You will receive a complimentary copy of the “GOTS Manual der Sportverletzungen” [“GOTS Manual of Sports Injuries”].
- You will receive a complimentary copy of the GOTS publication titled "GOTS-Expertenmeeting - Vorderes Kreuzband“ [GOTS Expert Meeting – Anterior Cruciate Ligament”].